Rich, round, soft, seductive, heavenly, sophisticated, elegant, beautiful, even yummy. These are just some adjectives I use to describe the 2009 Branciforte Creek Pinot Noir from Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard. A Pinot that is drinkable now, but one that I strongly recommend cellaring for the long haul, Branciforte Creek intoxicates the olfactory senses with rich and luscious aromas of rhubarb, black cherry, dark berry, and cola berry. Complex spices, minerality, and balanced acidity envelope the palate. This wine mesmerizes the senses, leaving a memorable, satisfying finish often expressed in “oohs” and “aahs.” The 2009 Branciforte Creek is an experience you’ll never forget—and one that will leave you wanting for more. In fact, I dare you not to drink the entire bottle in one night. You’ll be surprised how much this wine has to give the next day.
- How a Course on California Wine Brought Me Full Circle
- Beyond the Tasting Room: My SOMM Summit Wine Journey, Part 2 — Woodinville Wine Tour
- Beyond the Tasting Room: My SOMM Summit Wine Journey, Part 1
- My Search for the “Romance” in Remuage
- Tis the Season for Champagne — My Summer Find for Your Winter Cheer
- San Jose-Santa Cruz! Check out my Food and Wine event on LocalWineEvents.com localwineevents.com/events/detail/… via @worldwineevents 2 days ago